Sunday, November 12, 2006

vedanta

Nov.12, 2006

Om Namah sivaya
Blessed Immortal Atman
To all my contacts, students, friends, devotees,

This is the first time I am "blogging" (i.e. talking to the immortal self or God out there in the cyberspace!) . We just had 3 days of celebrations of Swami Vishnu-devanandaji Mahasamadhi at the ashram and that includes my mortal body birthday as well. Thoughts of him are very much within me as I just finished the lay out of the 2nd poem book named Smaranam, following Darshan.
It is a strange feeling to publish your poems, I have done it once, so now is the second one. .. the confirmation that your inside can be shared with all because the process you went through is a helpful process for everyone and basically is the same process. After all we are one!

Things are always bubbling within me and are welcomed as they are considered divine inspiration. Here a book not completely published yet, and now we are starting another one.
The typing up of Swami Vishnu-devanandaji instructions to staff from the old emails the time when Swamiji was alive and giving instructions to staff. These emails were in the attic of Swamiji house, unique testimony to a time when he was teaching while administrating the day to day running of the organization. I even found a hand written letter of him to staff telling them that he will go on seclusion for 6 months and noone to know his whereabout!

Of course there is the 3rd book lining up as well, a more serious and dry book about Yoga Psychology and Jyotish counselling. This was my Jyotish thesis to be elaborated. My Jyotish teachers and friends said that such topic is unique and my knowledge of both worlds are helpful for both Yogis and Jyotishis.

The actual Vedanta course has 8 students , some of them have known me for 7 years or more.
The schedule is different than the normal ashram routine, as they have a lots of more time by themselves, they kept silence most of the time, and just have to talk with me in the context of studying scripture. It is such an inspiring venture that I wish I can do it more often. I believe that it will help many. My heart is aching thinking of all those that could not join the course for a reason or another. I visualize them being there and mentally send the energy of the course to them.

In December, we will have other opportunity to study together scripture, this time not in such intense and structured manner but in the form of swadhyaya, sitting together and going through scriptural teaching for 2-3 hours daily.

So much is there to learn and understood.

May the Guru bless us always with the desire for knowledge and the mean and the opportunity to do so.

We talked today about the tap where the knowledge will come from - that is called the Guru's grace -
May that tap be open, and may us be able to recognize the tap and enjoy the nectar bliss of spiritual truth in our own mind and heart.

Om swami sita

No comments: